On October 1, Microsoft will update the Claiming Partner of Record (CPOR) and the Online Services Usage Incentive program for Microsoft 365 (OSU-M365). The updates will improve the claims process, provide greater visibility into your customers’ Microsoft 365 usage, and deliver actionable insights about how to grow active workload usage.
Make sure you’re ready to capitalize on these opportunities when the updates are launched on October 1. Enroll today in CPOR and OSU-M365 through your Partner Center Dashboard on Partner Center. Our step-by-step guide can walk you through the process.
We’re excited to share the wide array of announcements for Modern Work & Security at this year’s all-digital Microsoft Ignite. News and announcements relevant to our community span the breadth of the Modern Work & Security portfolio:
- Security, Compliance, and Identity
- Teams, including Meetings, meeting room experiences, Calling, chat and collaboration, Microsoft 365 integrations, Firstline Workers, healthcare, management, and Power Platform and custom development
- Small and midsize business (SMB)
- Microsoft 365 IT pro, including Project Cortex, Microsoft Productivity Score, SharePoint admin and migration, Cortana, next versions of Office client and on-premises servers, new FastTrack self-serve features, Microsoft Bookings updates, the new Outlook for Mac, and more
Check out our news article to get details and find out where you can learn more about how you can make the most of the opportunities related to these announcements.
Interested in all the news announced at Microsoft Ignite? Check out the Microsoft Ignite Book of News, a comprehensive resource that covers all announcements from this year’s event.
In addition to supporting block blobs, Azure Blob storage lifecycle management now offers a rich, rule-based policy to manage the retention of your append blobs.
Announcing the release of our newest Application Insights .NET SDK version 2.15. This release is directly in response to customer feedback and introduces a new set of features and bug fixes.
The latest Azure Site Recovery update provides provides fixes, updated Linux support for the Mobility service, and download links for Site Recovery components.
August updates include jobs improvements, a new file upload feature, a preview of the new data export feature, CLI updates, and documentation enhancements.
TARGET AVAILABILITY: Q3 2020
Azure Time Series Insights now supports Azure Active Directory groups through access policies.
Confidential computing DCsv2-series virtual machines (VMs) are now available in East US, Canada Central, Canada East, Southeast Asia, UK South, West Europe, and West US 2.
UK West, Germany West Central, Switzerland West and Australia Central 2 are now Public Preview for customers to start collecting telemetry and analyze their services for health using Application Insight.
Microsoft is updating Azure services in a phased manner to use TLS certificates from a different set of Certificate Authorities.
The Azure Sphere 20.09 OS quality update is now available for evaluation via the Retail Eval feed
Additional SQL Gateways are being added for Azure SQL Database in Germany West Central effective 12 October 2020.
Query Acceleration for Azure Data Lake Storage is now generally available in all Azure regions.
Azure Synapse SQL on-demand is now enforcing TLS 1.2 for outbound connections used by all SQL client applications.
Azure Resource Health now provides live health status and status history for Azure Cloud Services deployments and roles.
Object replication allows you to replicate your block blob data at the blob level from one storage account to another anywhere in the Azure.
Change feed support for Microsoft Azure Blob storage is now generally
For existing Dynamics 365 customers with PSA:
- Continue to use Dynamics 365 PSA until October 1, 2020, or until the end of their most recent contract or renewal, whichever occurs first.
- Dynamics 365 PSA will autorenew for one year until October 1, 2021 in CSP, allowing contracts to continue until October 1, 2022.
- Dynamics 365 PSA licenses will automatically receive Project Operations as part of their current licenses by December 31, 2020.
- At the end of Dynamics 365 PSA contracts, customers need to transition to Project Operations, which will have a zero user minimum PSA transition SKU.
27 October | 10:00
Let’s Talk Security – CISO Breakfast Series
29 October | 12:00
Azure Webinar Series:
New Dynamics 365 licensing guide.
Azure Sales Play: Windows Server
Azure Sales Play: SQL on Azure
Azure Sales Play: SAP on Azure
Azure Sales Play: Disaster Recovery
Refer a buddy
Get rewarderd with First Distribution. Refer a friend and earn $100 USD in credits!
Azure RI Benefits
Win with Azure Reserved Instances. Now with First Distribution.
New Normal Campaign
Now more than ever the Commercial Program is cheaper than Open With First Distribution.
Did You Know
Please note that we are moving away from doing cancellation/reduction request on emails. Due to the large volumes of emails we receive, cancellations can easily be overlooked.
Please use the License Central portal for this as we can immediately spot any unprocessed requests and attend to it.
Once actioned, an automatic reply will be sent to the person who loaded the request.
Use the Subscription button to load such requests.