CSP Server Subscriptions Program
- Products that are purchased through the CSP Server Subscription Program, can be used on premise, on dedicated hardware, or in an Azure environment.
- Upgrade and downgrade rights included.
- No Academic or Charity pricing available yet.
- Software purchased through this program can be deployed to physical or
- For on premise usage, servers must be dedicated to a single customer’s use.
- Software purchased through this program can be used in Azure.
License reassignment rights:
The 90-day rule applies.
Licenses may be reassigned between devices or users, but no more frequently
than every 90 days.
- Permanent hardware failure.
- Termination of a user’s employment .
- Temporary reallocation for a user’s absence or a device that is out of service.
- The following products are available through the CSP Server Subscriptions model:
- Windows Server Standard Core Licenses
- Windows Server CAL (Device/User)
- Windows Server Rights Management Services CAL
- Windows Server Remote Desktop Services User CAL
- SQL Server Standard/Enterprise Core licenses
- Windows 7 Extended Security Updates
Accessing software and keys:
- In the Microsoft 365 admin center, go to the Billing > Your products page.
- On the Products tab, in the Software section, select the software that you want to
- On the subscription details page, in the Downloads & keys section, choose the
Product version, Language, and CPU & file type, then select Download.
- To download the key, select Copy key to clipboard.
- In the right pane, select Copy, then close the pane.
Paste the key in a file in a secure location and then enter it as instructed during
the software installation. The key is needed to activate the downloaded software.